Welcome to our news board. All news and updates regarding Sir Lamiel can be found here. For news about our other locos please follow us on Facebook.
Please note that some of our posts will require a password to see for a period of time. These are our monthly overhaul updates and are protected so that members of the Knights of the Round Table are first to hear the news.
- 2021 Year End UpdateChristmas is fast approaching and, if you’re a meat eater, you’ll be looking forward to turkey and all the trimmings. Us vegetarians are combing the recipe books for something different for Christmas lunch. The government is still to decide on the final restrictions for Christmas, once again we’re hoping for the best and fearing the […]
- August & September 2021 UpdateAugust was quite a quiet month progress wise unless you have been near the boiler where work on internal cleaning and descaling has continued. The slowdown has occurred as the crane required for the boiler lift ran out of certification. The crane was tested at Loughborough last week and is now fit for use. Arrangements […]
- July 2021 UpdateNot a great deal to report this month. Progress continues to be made, however. Descaling of the boiler is progressing well. Our smallest volunteer, Aaron, has been wielding the needle gun inside the boiler. During the good weather we pulled the engine out of the shed to enable full all-round access. The handrails and final […]
- June 2021 UpdateTime flies when you’re having fun, or so I’m told. Well, I must be revelling in it as the past few weeks have flown by and I missed doing a report last month. Back on track now (if you’ll excuse the pun)! Descaling of the boiler is progressing well when we can find someone thin […]
- April 2021 UpdateWe’re back! Yes, our volunteers have been in for a couple of weekends now and we have made some progress on 777. As the outcome of the boiler inspection is key to making progress on the project, work has focused on the boiler. With the dome cover off and the regulator valve removed we can […]