Welcome to our news board. All news and updates regarding Sir Lamiel can be found here. For news about our other locos please follow us on Facebook.
Please note that some of our posts will require a password to see for a period of time. These are our monthly overhaul updates and are protected so that members of the Knights of the Round Table are first to hear the news.
- June 2021 UpdateTime flies when you’re having fun, or so I’m told. Well, I must be revelling in it as the past few weeks have flown by and I missed doing a report last month. Back on track now (if you’ll excuse the pun)! Descaling of the boiler is progressing well when we can find someone thin […]
- April 2021 UpdateWe’re back! Yes, our volunteers have been in for a couple of weekends now and we have made some progress on 777. As the outcome of the boiler inspection is key to making progress on the project, work has focused on the boiler. With the dome cover off and the regulator valve removed we can […]
- January 2021We ended last year on a bit of a high with some significant progress on Sir Lamiel. Unfortunately, the news of the renewed lockdown and restrictions on access at Loughborough means that work on the overhaul has now stopped until restrictions are lifted. We have rescheduled the project plan for the overhaul and still expect […]
- December 2020 Update & New Year MessageWe’ve not seen any snow here in Northamptonshire but looking out over the garden above the laptop the grass is white with frost this morning. My thoughts are with all the enginemen working New Year services this week on our heritage railways
- November 2020 UpdateSlow progress this month due to lack of volunteers caused by the Covid Lockdown restrictions but progress has still been made none the less. A major step forward has been the splitting of the engine from the tender. On the tender, the wooden platform and tender sand boxes have been removed and the area cleaned […]