Welcome to our news board. All news and updates regarding Sir Lamiel can be found here. For news about our other locos please follow us on Facebook.
Please note that some of our posts will require a password to see for a period of time. These are our monthly overhaul updates and are protected so that members of the Knights of the Round Table are first to hear the news.
- December 2020 Update & New Year MessageWe’ve not seen any snow here in Northamptonshire but looking out over the garden above the laptop the grass is white with frost this morning. My thoughts are with all the enginemen working New Year services this week on our heritage railways
- November 2020 UpdateSlow progress this month due to lack of volunteers caused by the Covid Lockdown restrictions but progress has still been made none the less. A major step forward has been the splitting of the engine from the tender. On the tender, the wooden platform and tender sand boxes have been removed and the area cleaned […]
- September 2020 UpdateSome good progress this month, although still at the beginning of the long period where parts are being removed. Work on the boiler continues with tube removal underway. There are 193 tubes in Sir Lamiel’s boiler which need the ends cutting with gas cutting gear prior to removal. 73 tubes still require the ends cutting […]
- July/August 2020 UpdateDuring the overhaul for Sir Lamiel, we intend to do monthly updates about the progress we have made. We’ve had a great start with our Knight’s of the Round Table Appeal with just over £10,000 pledge so far. There’s still a long way to go, so please spread the word far and wide. Over the […]
- Sir Lamiel Fundraiser LaunchThis morning we launch our fundraiser, “The Knights of the Round Table” for Sir Lamiel’s overhaul. Having been responsible for Sir Lamiel for 42 years and having completed three major overhauls in that time, we have an intimate understanding of what needs to be done to bring the 4-6-0 back in order to celebrate its […]