Having been responsible for the Sir Lamiel for 42 years and having completed three major overhauls in that time, we have an intimate understanding of what needs to be done to bring the 4-6-0 back in order to celebrate its 100th birthday in 2025 in steam. We estimate that we shall need to raise £80,000 over the next three years to fund the necessary repairs.
YOU could be part of this quest.
YOU could be part of steam locomotive history.
We are looking for 74 of the bravest souls to come forward with us by donating £1,000 each to the initial £74,000 appeal. By doing so, you will become an honorary ‘Knight of Sir Lamiel’s Round Table’. Once you join us you will able to choose your “Knight Name” from 1 of the 74 which the locomotive were named after.
By joining us on our quest to restore 777 to steam you will be with us in making a moment in steam history. We are asking each Knight to pledge £1000 to our cause. We appreciate that this is a significant amount of money to raise and everyone has different financial outlooks. Therefore, we have created 4 different ways to donate.
|Lump Sum||Quarterly||Monthly 1||Monthly 2|
|1 donation of £1,000||4 donations of £250||10 monthly donations of £100||36 monthly donations of £27.78|
Plus, as with all quests those that take part are greatly rewarded.
• Personalised certificate and membership card
• Your name will be engraved on to the Round Table and displayed prominently (subject to a suitable display location being agreed)
• Footplate access, when stationary, to 777 cab when practically possible at the Great Central Railway.
• Prearranged “behind the scenes” shed tours by a 5305 Locomotive Association guide during any visit to the Great Central Railway, your questions answered by those involved in the overhaul.
• The opportunity to support, volunteer and actually work on the overhaul.
• Free seats on inaugural train at the Great Central Railway.
• An invite to a special Knights of the Round Table event when the overhaul is completed (not open to the general public).
• A very special one of a kind exclusive 777 Knights of the Round Table Fleece complete with your name embroidered on it – these will not be available to the general public.
• 25% off standard class seats on the first mainline railtour.
• Life membership to the 5305 Locomotive Association.
• 10% off of all 5305 Locomotive Association sales merchandise.
To become a Knight of the Round Table
Please download and fill in the form below. You can then return it to us via post or email.
Finally please setup your donations via your preferred method in line with the option that you have chosen. All of the donated funds will go to the overhaul of Sir Lamiel.
Thank you for your donation and support. It is greatly appreciated!